Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Boot Camp and Jury Duty

We survived. Sitting in the car with pre-Boot Camp jitters, I had the ignition going for a quick get-away. But when I saw that our "drill sargeant" looked more like Skipper Barbie than Jillian from the Biggest Loser, I lined up.

It was intense. I'm not coordinated, and jumping jacks? Forget it. I've decided running, under force or threat is key to a healthy fitness plan. Afterwards, for a treat, I went for my two shots of Wheatgrass as Erica ran across the street to Starbucks.

In other news, I'm moving out on June 1st of my prime Russian Hill apartment. It's a great place with an even better roommate. If Katy decides to keep the lease and stay until December, you'll get first grabs. I've decided to focus exclusively on my health and creative pursuits this summer. I have several fellowship, scholarship and residency opportunities that have fell into my lap. They will allow me to work side-by-side with published authors and other like-minded creative writers to focus on completing my novel by the end of September. Ambitiously speaking.

I'm completely on fire after a meeting this morning with Julie, who is the artistic vision and business force behind the "Inspiration Stones" you've seen everywhere. We're teaming up to work on a project with UCSF and CPMC medical center. We're pitching the possibility of creating healing artwork to display in all Bay Area labs in the Greater Bay Area. Getting bloodwork is stressful enough, and there's nothing comforting to look at. We've set out to change that.

It's also worth noting that I was a rejected juror yesterday. Fortunately, I sat next to a cool, funny guy who got me and sometimes probably just laughed anyhow. (Flattery will get you everywhere!) Even though I know his name, he somehow sticks in my memory as Juror #12. Which trumps Foreman.

No comments: