Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'm Pretty Sure the Sky is Not Blue

Let's just get this party started by letting you know that I looked like a turquoise marshmallow.

The earrings matched the scarf, which was held together with a vintage fake diamond pin. Couple this with a white t-shirt, a pair of jeans and a Hello Kitty bandaid, and it's almost like I never left middle school. Until I threw that turquoise down Michelin Man vest over it all.

We went to see Lorrie Moore read her not yet published stories at St. Mary's College in Moraga. She read with the finesse of a great storyteller, even singing when it was called for by the character. I was encouraged as she said she is often inspired by the imagery of her dreams. I've thought through many short stories or plot twists through the sharp and sometimes upsetting visuals of my dreams. I think this is how the story works itself out if this is how it comes.

Driving to Moraga, the convertible opened to the big beautiful sky with clouds of pink and orange. My sight isn't perfect, but I'm guessing the sky was really pink. Unlike the puffy vest, which was blue in natural light and turquoise under fluorescent.

No comments: